Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bacon Cheddar Biscuits

Just a recap of yesterday afternoon.  I carved time to make P-Dub's Tres Leches cake and fell in love.  And, to update you folks....the honeymoon ain't over.  I reserved the extra 3 milks and they met my coffee this morning.  And, now my Senseo Godiva Creme Brulee and the 3 milks are in love (there has been alot of love around my house the past 24 hours).  So, as I am typing this I am anxiously awaiting another friend to come out of the oven.  *start pause and ponder* Is it strange that I am referring to food as my friend?  *end pause and ponder*  I threw together PW's Bacon Onion Cheddar Biscuits and not without a price.  I actually had to threaten to chop my husbands fingers off.  You see, he has a nasty habit of eating my ingredients before they are all mixed together.  And, this morning, the Lord knows my heart, I tried to silent my tongue but didn't make it happen.  For those of you that haven't read all my posts, please click here and see line item #4.  It is yet another sign that I am still an untrained ranch wife.  I am going to remain positive and say that I am certain that these babies will make me do back hand springs (okay fine, so I might actually break my neck if that happened or pull a muscle...or 10), even though my husband probably ate a quarter of a pound of bacon.  Now, I will confess to you readers, and only you, that I, in fact, at 2 or 3 pieces.  *start pause and ponder*  Can one live on bacon alone?  Is there a diet out there called the Bacon Diet?  If so, I'm in.  *end pause and ponder*

Hang on a sec....the oven's beepin'....OK, I'm back.  These babies are reminiscent of the famous Bisquik Sausage Balls only with bacon.  I love those sausage balls and I love bacon....therefore I must love these Bacon Onion Cheddar Biscuits (analyitcal philosophists would love that).  The kids are in the kitchen attacking the biscuits with a fury.  I am happy to say that I hoarded a plate full and retreated to my bedroom to finish this post.

The propane man just left and now my cow is by the back door....literally.  Thank goodness for that cow bell.  I will post about that at a later time but for now, I have to go milk a cow.

Prairie Kerri

Oh, I almost forgot to share the recipe!

Ingredients


2 cups All-purpose Flour

1 teaspoon Baking Powder

¾ teaspoons Salt

¼ cups Vegetable Shortening (crisco, Etc)

10 Tablespoons Milk (whole Milk Is Best)

4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil

1 whole Egg

10 slices Thick Cut Bacon, Fried And Crumbled

1 cup Finely Diced Onion

1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions:

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter, cut in shortening until all combined.

Combine milk, oil, and egg in a separate bowl. Whisk together.

Combine flour mixture, milk mixture, bacon, onions, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Stir gently until all combined.

Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes on 375 degrees until golden.  Remove from pan and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment